Tuesday, 4 October 2011

L.A. Ring a Danish artist







i wanted to share some of these images of the work of artist L.A. Ring. I was recently sent a book from Norway (my sister and my beautiful nephews are always on the look out for books to help me improve;) with the work of Harald Sohlberg (a wonderful Norwegian artist) and Ring. I fell in love with Sohlberg's work when I visited Oslo earlier this year and to discover Ring's work is a delight. I photographed these images from my book as there are so few online... the man at the doorway is my favourite.. i use that as my desktop image;)

4 comments:

  1. A seeker (and finder) of beauty in the ordinary. I love it. Thanks for sharing these.
    The man at the door is great; very compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these amazing paintings with us, Rahina. The characters in these images seem to take on a life of their own. I especially love the woman in the doorway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like his work A. Decker and Janelle and wish i could put up all the images i have of his work from the little book i have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do carry a stillness to them. Kind of reminds me of Andrew Wyeth.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to give me feedback on my post. it is much appreciated:)